Everything you Need to know about Industrial Marketing
In this fast and aggressively growing industry, the companies or businesses who have followed the correct plans or strategies of Industrial marketing are highly stable, more likely to increase sales and make their reputation in this industry.
Now, before jumping in the advance starting points of marketing, let’s take a look at the fundamentals. Marketing is a type of communication between you and your consumers with the goal of selling your product or service to them.
Evolution of the marketing model:
Today, traditional marketing model has evolved into a whole new model of industrial marketing and the new model emphasizes that our focus should be our customers, since the result of a product now depends on the evaluation done by the users so now, A company’s interest should revolve around the interest of its consumers. This model requires a lot of hard work, thinking, time and also some effective marketing strategies.
3 Key features to success:
- Quality product
- Focus the Customer
- Marketing of the product.
The 4 P’s Of Marketing:
To Successfully market your Product, you should follow the followings P’s.
- Product: A product can be a touchable good or a service that can fulfill the need of your users. Tell exactly what your product is about, what makes it unique and why should anyone buy it.
- Price: Price is the most important factor. You need to be careful in making a decision about the price of your product because it is going to determine your profit margins and may affect other factors too. This factor can also take your company down just because of a simple yet highly complex decision.
- Promotion: Now it’s time to promote your product and to do that many marketing strategies are used including social media marketing, email marketing, advertising on different search engines and video marketing etc, Choose the correct one and start promoting.
- Place: You have to choose perfect location to gain attention and to increase sales. Today, the internet is the place where your product can move like fire.
B2B and B2C Marketing
Industrial marketing is a primarily B2B marketing which means business to business.It mostly involves buying raw material or goods for some other manufacturers. Industrial marketing is best done with the help of sales person because the need of every consumer vary and each consumer needs to be dealt in a customized way.
Whereas, B2C is business or sales conducted directly between a company and consumers who are the end-users of its products or services. As compared to Industrial marketing, B2C is a very much easy thing to do.
Some Highlighted differences between B2B and B2C
- B2B audience is always seeking expertise and highly detailed content whereas B2C is about emotionally targeted things (entertainment, hunger, diet, special offers etc.)
- Buying cycle of B2B is much longer than the B2C buying cycle.
- Industrial marketing (B2B) prefers lengthy content whereas B2C doesn’t need that.
- B2C is not trying to build a close relation to you if they are reading or are considering your product whereas B2B wants to build a close relationship.
- B2B need to make their purchases approved many times by their experts and on the other hand, an individual doesn’t need to do that.
Marketing Strategies for B2B and B2C
Remember, different strategies are used in different businesses. If the final customer is a business then it won’t help increase your sales by advertising in general media and consumer magazines whereas these tactics will surely help if the final customer is an individual.
B2B and B2C both have entirely different impacts of the same marketing strategies. One strategy that works for B2B might not work for B2C.
Regardless of the strategy you use, Quality is the key to Success, keep it in your product and your product will be all around the world.
Starting points for marketing
Basic starting points for industrial marketing or business to customer marketing are much the same but the way they are implemented is different. Basic starting points of industrial marketing and B2C include the following aspects:
- Plan – Have clearly defined objective
- Know your Audience
- Be yourself
- High-quality content
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Good design
- Be a great storyteller
- Promote aggressively
Now that you’ve learned about the basics, it’s time to move on to a higher level. Now, these are some advanced starting points of marketing your product and they can contribute a lot.
Advance Starting Points of Marketing
Industrial marketing (B2B) techniques
Basic Promotion of a product includes:
- Building Your Brand
- Have clear idea of what your business is about
- Having great website Design
- Having perfect name and logo
- Advertising on major social media sites
- Providing great audio-visual content
- Having highly detailed content
Advanced Industrial Marketing Techniques:
- Referral Marketing
- Growth Hacking
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine marketing
- Content Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Outbound Marketing
- Search engine Optimization
- Earned media and PR
- Networking Events
B2C Marketing Techniques
Basic Marketing includes:
- Basic marketing plan
- Creative Design
- Good Advertising
- Special offers
- Good Deals
- Specific content
- Entertainment stuff
Advance Marketing Includes:
- Cause Marketing
- Direct Selling
- Co-branding and affinity Marketing
- Earned Media
- Point of Purchase marketing
- Internet marketing
- Paid media advertising
- Word of Mouth Advertising
- Social Networks and Viral Marketing
To read more about these techniques head over to this site
Remember, Every Strategy Requires An Effective Marketing Plan.
Industrial Marketing is not an easy thing to do, but with Good plan and effort, everything is possible. This is an era of internet where marketing definitely works wonders. It just requires time and thinking until a mind comes up with an excellent idea to promote a product.
Marketing is all about putting your product out at the right place, at the right price & at the right time.
Make sure to check on our Blog for more interesting and informative topics.
You may also like