Turkey is the place where the earliest human cities rose and the place of mighty empires Lycian, Roman, Ottoman. It is the land that unites continents. Turkey is now a land of incredible travel opportunities and it is a great travel destination because there are so many places to explore. There are incredible places to visit in Turkey. It is located in Istanbul, which was built in the 1600s. Turkey promises an incredible vacation and some places to visit in Turkey are as follows which you must try once.
In This Post
Places To Visit In Turkey
Ankara is a capital city of turkey and it is also a home to government buildings, commercial businesses, universities and foreign embassies and It is also known as an important transportation hub used to link travelers to other major destinations in turkey. This city offers you lively art and cultures scenes in different museums, including the Museum of Anatolian Civilization.
Uzungol is situated on the edge of a beautiful lake with the same name and one of Turkey’s most unique places to visit. If you visit this place you will see traditional Turkish homes among the Swiss-like views, as well as minarets of a mosque.
Mardin is the capital of the Mardin Province in turkey. It is best known for its cultural diversity and Old City of sandstone buildings down the hill. It is one of the oldest settlements in the region. This whole city is easily toured by walking. The city also hosts several breathtaking mosques and churches, including the 12th-century Great Mosque. At the top of the hill you can enjoy everywhere but be aware that you should never to try to cross the heavily barbed wire, as locals say that would be suicide.
The big city has a long history and a wealth of things to see and do. Izmir is a city on Turkey’s Aegean coast. From the square, it takes just a short walk to the seaside promenade known as the Kordon, which is lined with different cafes and moreover, from the site, you can also enjoy an amazing panoramic view. While having a trip sometimes we run out of the budget, so if you want to know about the smart ways to travel in a mall budget Click Here.
Konya is a large city in Turkey’s Central Anatolia Region. It was also known as the home of the Persian theologian and Sufi mystic, Rumi. Due to their religious ceremonies, Rumi’s followers founded the place named as Mevlevi Order, in which they spin around and around on the left foot while wearing white, billowing gowns and it is also one of the good places to visit in Turkey.
Butterfly Valley is not only in Turkey, but it is also one of the world’s most extraordinary places, moreover, the valley is home to 100 species of butterflies. A waterfall cascades from the 1,148-foot-high canyon wall, eventually becoming a gentle river, watering the lavender-flowered native chaste trees that are the butterflies’ natural habitat. The world has many beautiful places to be praised and some of the beautiful Often Ignored Cities and some Underrated Beaches as well.
Antalya is a large city welcoming tourists with Awesome resorts, hotels, bars, and restaurants. From swimming and sailing to mountain climbing, sightseeing and family fun, Antalya offers everything for everyone so you can also visit Roman gates, maze-like streets and historic structures that include the Clock Tower.
It is one of the beautiful places to visit in Turkey’s most popular seaside resorts including sightseeing opportunities, water sports, adventure, fantastic dining and buzzing nightlife this port. If you want more than there are a number of day trips from Marmaris to outstanding destinations like Dalyan, Ephesus, Pamukkale and Cleopatra Island.
Cappadocia is Situated in Central Anatolia, it is one of the best-known places to visit in Turkey for its fairytale chimneys, cones, and pinnacles. Thousands of years ago, people did some remarkable touches to the landscape by carving out houses, churches and underground cities from the soft rock. Today, some of the caves in the region are actually hotels in Cappadocia.
Facts About Turkey
- Trojan Wars is located in Western Turkey. The place is known as Troy from the legendary
- Catalhoyuk is in Central Turkey which it recognizes as the oldest recognized human settlement.
- The world’s oldest shipwreck was found in Kas.
- Mevlana Museum, which is located in Konya. It stores the world’s most precious silk carpet in it.
- Istanbul was formerly known as Constantinople, also it was the Roman Empire’s capital.
- In Turkey, you will find a dessert made out of chicken. It is called Tavukgogsu.
- To attract customers, Ice cream street vendors perform circus-clown performances.
- Their flag really means a lot to them. It is placed everywhere throughout the country.
- Turkish people are known to be very proactive. You will never hear them complain or say bad things about their country.
- They were one of the first countries that allowed women to vote.
- Soup is an essential part of Turkish cuisine and they have it before every meal.
- The most famous coffee in Europe is made in Turkey.
- Istanbul is the last stop for the infamous Simplon Orient Express. It is called the “king of trains and train of kings.”
- Istanbul is famous for being the only city that is part of two continents, Asia and Europe.
- The tulip flower was originally discovered in Turkey, which is the symbol of The Netherlands.
- The Istanbul tunnel is the world’s second-oldest underground railway system and one of the best places to visit in Turkey.
Turkey has plenty of historical attractions. It is filled with ancient monuments, underground cities, palaces, and ruins. This country has an incredible culture, delicious food, and friendly people.